Monday, June 9, 2008
Train Ride with Grandma and Grandpa
This last weekend my parents came into town and we decided to take a little train ride to San Juan Capistrano. It was a short twenty minute train ride, but the boys thought it was wonderful. Tyler was mesmerized the entire ride.

We went down to a little petting zoo that is right by the train depot. I have made this little trek once before with a few girls from my ward, and thought it was a darling idea. The petting zoo is nothing fancy, but just enough for two little boys.
Tyler was very into feeding the animals this time around. He was younger the last time and not all that interested. The only problem was that the little animals had been fed quite a bit already and so they weren't very interested in eating. He kept chasing one around trying to get it to eat his carrot, and calling"Bunny".

Grandpa holding one of the animals for the boys to pet and feed.
Riding the hay pony.
The most exciting part of the whole petting zoo was the little train they had. The boys LOVED that!
After visiting the petting zoo we walked down to the Mission in San Juan Capistrano.
It was hands down the most beautiful mission I have ever been to. The grounds had tons of gorgeous flowers.
Mommy and Ryan taking a picture with some of the cacti.
Tyler and Grandma Karen
There was a beautiful fountain in the center of the courtyard. You can't see the top, but there is water streaming down.
The boys discovered that there were Koi(sp?) fish in the fountain. They were having a lot of fun looking at the fish and touching them, until Ryan dropped his car in the water. He began to cry and my mom and I both agreed we were not going to stick our hands in the water. Finally, this young teenage boy came a long and put his arm in and pulled it out. He just laughed at my mom and I and walked away. I didn't need to feel slimy fish so I was going to just leave the car in the water and make Ryan deal with it. He was luckily some stranger was willing to stick his hands in the murky water...no thank you.
Posing with the Father Serra...well, a man that was dressed as Father Serra.
I thought this courtyard was so beautiful. I loved the old bells.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Looks like good times! Nice Pics!
Wow the boys are getting so big! I'm super excited to see you guys in a few weeks! The pictures at the mission are beautiful!!
Post a Comment