This summer Doug and I had an opportunity to cross something off both of our life lists...hiking Half Dome in Yosemite. It was an amazing experience, one that I will not soon forget. My brother, Jeremy, has hiked it many times before and offered to take us on the hike( he's a seasoned pro by now). My other brother, Matt, decided to go as well, along with Doug's sister, Annalee, and our good friend Elizabeth Minnick and her son, Spencer.

This is a little shot from Glacier Point where we started the hike with the whole group. I loved beginning the hike with such beautiful panoramic views.

Doug and I as we are hiking closer towards Half Dome. It is the rock sticking up in the background.

Climbing the cables with Annalee. This picture does not really capture this experience totally. It is
sooo steep and you are hanging on for dear life. In fact one of my favorite parts about the whole hike was Doug and I holding on and skiing down the mountain when we were descending Half Dome.

We look like ants, but this is our group out on the ledge over the whole Yosemite Valley. The views were amazing! I have never seen Yosemite from this vantage point before...incredible.

Doug and I at the end of our hike. We hiked 18.5 miles that day, so needless to say we were exhausted. It was a blast and I am so glad that Doug and I got to share this experience together. I am also very grateful that we had such a fun group to do it with. Jeremy was great guide. I feel like I also need to thank my sister-in-law, Jennifer, who watched my kids and allowed me to have this experience. Thank you, Jennifer!!!
1 comment:
Oh sooooo jealous! That looked amazing! I remember hiking in Yellowstone with Aaron 2 summers in a row. It is a TOTALLY bonding experience for husband and wife and I would suggest it to anyone. I bet you LOVED the alone time. We are dying for a trip away from kids...but gotta have this 3rd baby first :) Fun to keep in touch with you through your blog. Tell Doug hi from us.
Post a Comment