One of the days we took off with just our little family and drove the Avenue of the Giants. Part of the way through Daddy pulled over and decided to let the boys stand up and stick their heads out the sunroof. They thought this was the coolest thing ever. We drove extra slow and let them take in all the big beautiful trees.


A view of the boys in action.

Where was Kathryn you ask? Fast asleep in her car seat.

We stopped for lunch along a beautiful little stream and enjoyed the scenery. The boys then decided to hike up the stream with their Daddy and look for frogs. This is a picture of one of their little friends. Tyler was actually really good at catching them, much to his older brothers chagrin.

Kathryn loved splashing in the stream and licking the rocks...you seem to get to do a lot more when you are not the first child in a family. :)

Driving through the tunnel tree.

As you can see it was a very tight fit.

Driving up on one of the logs. One of my favorite parts about this picture is that Tyler is standing on the console with only his shirt and underwear. His pants got soaked in the stream so we drove with them hanging out the window to dry them off. I know...we are a classy group.

Kathryn, Tyler, and Ryan sitting on a wooden bear.

Daddy with his boys.

The campground that we stayed at had this giant rope swing over the river. This is a picture of me right before letting go and swinging out over the river. It was quite deceiving how long you had to hold on before you got to deep water.

This is a shot of me in the air. I remember thinking I was absolutely crazy for doing this at the time. Of course I did it three more times after this.

A shot of me in mid air.

Our RyRy was brave enough to do it as well. He actually did it many times and had a ton of fun.

You can't see him in picture very well because he is so tiny, but this is Ryan mid air. Tyler did it twice as well, but not without a lot of coaxing. I actually never got a shot of him because I was so nervous both times he did it, I never thought to pick up the camera.

Here is Doug in one of the many many times he did the rope swing. There is no doubt I married a daredevil.

Tyler and Kathryn waiting on shore for all the rope swinging fun to be over.

I absolutely love that I captured this moment. Tyler is actually quite tender with his little sister and I turned just in time to catch him feeding her his granola bar. It melts my heart and reminds me just how lucky I am to have my cute kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment