Sunday, July 19, 2009

Kathryn Liliana Reid

I went in to my doctors appointment of Tuesday (14th) and found out that I was now 5 cm dilated instead of 4, like I had been the previous week. I thought my doctor was going to send me home and let me continue to wait it out, but he helped things along and sent me over to fetal diagnostics to be monitored. While I was there I was constantly having contractions so they sent me over the the hospital. I got checked in and ended up with an awesome nurse. I just loved her!!! When she checked me for the first time I was 6 cm dilated (this was about 1:30pm) and she told me that she was not going to let my doctor break my water until I got an epidural. That was awesome because I knew I wanted one, but I wasn't expecting to get one so soon (got my epidural at about 3pm). I was progressing nicely and then my water broke. This actually stalled my labor for a little while...I remained at 7+ cm for a while. They decided to give me pitocin and that finally seemed to kick things into gear. She came in to check me at 6:30 and I was 9cm at that point. I only had to push for 5-10 minutes and she was born at 7:09pm. It was an amazing experience...probably my most comfortable delivery to date. We are so excited to have baby Kathryn here. It is always such a special experience when a new baby enters this world. I often wonder how people can experience this and doubt that there is a Father in Heaven.
Mommy and Baby Kathryn right after she was born.
Little Kathryn
First family picture
Daddy and Kathryn right after her first bath.
Ryan and Tyler holding their new baby sister.
Tyler is really cute with her. He is constantly telling us how "cute" she is and wants to rub her head and give lots of kisses. I hope he continues to think she is wonderful. :)Kathryn checking out her Daddy. She loves to sit and stare really intently at him...it is darling.




Taking Kathryn home. I got in the car when we were heading home from the hospital and started to laugh. Our whole back seat is covered with car seats. What have we gotten ourselves into. :)

7 comments:

Tommy and Monique Shelby said...

Yeah!! I've been waiting for the story! Glad to hear you got a nice nurse this time around. Sounds like your delivery was a piece of cake. Your kids are SO stinking cute it kills me!! Congrats! She is adorable!

Jennifer Gilmore said...

Nice delivery! Don't nurses make such a difference? Congrats! Make sure you get lots of great photos of your sweet girl! :)

Lance and Celeste said...

Congrats she looks beautiful! Remember to get plenty of sleep even when you think you don't need it. Look at me telling you this and it is 11pm. Maybe I should listen to my own words. :)

Kira Cook said...

What a cute little girl! You guys have such a cute family, congratulations guys:)

Anonymous said...

She' so cute. Man, you forget how tiny they are!

jennifer said...

that first picture of you and baby kathryn is so precious. mother meeting daughter for the first time - what a special moment!

Maria Babin said...

congrats! she is wonderful! good work!