Tuesday, April 21, 2009

San Diego Zoo

Our friends, the Clinton's, were nice enough to give us some free tickets to the San Diego Zoo. I have never been there, but always wanted to go so it was the perfect excuse to head down to San Diego. Doug was out of town on a hiking trip so the boys and I left Sunday afternoon and stayed the night with Tom and Mo(thanks again you two) in La Jolla area. We got up in the morning and met the Clinton's and Brooks at the zoo. Ryan hasn't been to the zoo since he was two, and Tyler has never been to the zoo so they were pretty excited. The San Diego Zoo did not disappoint...I see why it is one of the best zoo's in the country.
Ryan, Tyler, and their buddy Lacy.
Tyler and Anjali checking out the fish.
The boys loved the reptile house (If you look between the two boys you can see the lizard). Ryan asked why there was glass in the way, he really wanted to touch them. I had a good laugh and informed him that Mommy would not go anywhere near the reptile house if they weren't in cages. There were some of the largest snakes there that I have ever seen in my life.
My little bugs!
The Panda bear. This is probably one of my favorite animals that I saw that day.
Ryan standing with the elephants. He is holding a pressed penny that he got there at the zoo. That was his only souvenir and he could not have been happier.
Ryan and one of the Rhinos.
Tyler crashed in the stroller in the afternoon. He was pretty wiped out from all the excitement.
Ryan the cute little giraffe.

The boys getting ready to take the bus tour. This allowed us to see even more of the zoo. We were there almost a full day and still didn't come close to seeing all the animals there. We will definitely have to make another trip. I am so glad that I was able to spend the day with my boys. Thanks again to the Clinton's for hooking us up with some free tickets. We had a great time!

No comments: