Sunday, February 8, 2009
Ryan's Little Chefs Birthday Party...
On Saturday we hosted a cooking party for Ryan's 5th birthday. It turned out to be a very cold and rainy day, so we decided to have the party in our garage. Our place is not very large and so 12 little kids in one place would have overwhelmed our kitchen. The nice part about our garage is it is located right off our kitchen, so it worked out really well. One of the best parts about having it in the garage was that the clean up consisted of throwing away table cloths and sweeping out the floor...loved that.
The kids got their own apron with their name on it and a chefs hat. They are decorating their hats in this picture.
We played pinned the pepperoni on the pizza. The kids loved this game and thought it was hilarious.
Ryan giving it a try.
I was pretty busy the whole time so I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I would have liked. They got to play with pizza dough and practice shaping the dough into a pizza shape. We threw that dough away and got out fresh dough for their actual pizzas. Each child got to put whatever toppings they wanted on their pizza and then we baked them all up. While their pizzas were baking they decorating pizza cookies to take home.
The pizza cake. I thought it turned out pretty good if I must say so. :) I baked up a cake and then frosted it with red icing. I used white chocolate shavings as the cheese and fruit leather for the pepperoni, and green chocolate to create the bell peppers. Some of the kids were a little hesitate to eat the cake because they thought the toppings were real.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Very cool cake Kristen! I can't believe Ryan is already 5!!! Time flies. See ya soon :)
It looks like everything turned out good. Kudos on the cake.
It does sound like a pretty ballin' party, for sure! Ryan definitely has some fun parents :)
Super cute! If I had been there I would have thought it was the funnest party ever too!!! The cake looked awesome!
I LOVE it. Kid birthday parties are the best. The cake is amazing. I'm going to have to remember this one.
that pizza cake was awesome - loved the pepperonis and bell peppers. did you make those chefs hats? how about the aprons? i'm totally saving this idea for later on...
i bet ryan was in heaven. we all know that he loves to cook anyway - this party idea was perfect for him. i love that grin on his face in the last picture. cute cute.
happy birthday ryan reid!
What a cute Pizza. Cute idea for the party Kristen! How's your bun in your oven going??
Post a Comment