It was a very fun camping trip and we enjoyed getting to spend time with our family. Where was Doug you ask??? After hiking with the youth he had to stay home and work...poor guy.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Family Camp at Shaver Lake
Ryan, Tyler, and I were able to head up last week to Shaver Lake with my family. They do it every year, but we have not been able to go the last few years. The weather was beautiful and we had a wonderful time.
Ryan getting ready to go camping.
Campfire...Logan was leading everyone in a fun little dance.
Lizzy Lou Lou
Tyler kept bringing me his cars and telling me that they were dirty...this can be a problem when you are camping and there is dirt everywhere. :)
The Minnicks brought up a Karaoke machine for their camp fire activity. Ryan and Benny are belting out "We Will Rock You". They only knew the chorus so they repeated that over and over again.
I think the adults had more fun than the kids. Jeremy, Jared, Matt, and Robb doing their best rendition of YMCA.
Mom and Dad getting in on the action.
Ryan enjoying craft time...their was a fun craft to do each day.
Tyler playing in the water with his cousins.
Grandpa telling his scary stories. After my dad told his infamous "Crusher" story and had most of the kids scared, Ryan piped in with "Crusher is a nice bear". I am glad he missed the parts about Crusher mauling people.
Ryan, Tyler, Kaleigh and I behind the boat. All was going well until Kaleigh fell off and the raft submerged. I had to pull both of the boys off of it into the cold lake...they were not fans.
Enjoying a good boat ride.
Taking a little hike with the kids.
We enjoyed a lot of really good food while we were up there. I don't think it was always the healthiest, but it sure tasted good. Here is Jeremy, Kari, Zach, and Robb fixing ableskevers(sp?).
Ryan being a little too brave. We went on a hike and he decided he was old enough to walk across this log.
Ryan loved hiking on this trip and he was constantly asking people to take him. Ryan and I enjoyed going on a few hikes together just he and I.
Ryan, Tyler, Lizzie going on a morning hike through the meadow...very pretty!
Tyler didn't even need a bathing suit to get wet half the time.
Ryan and his cousin Kaleigh.

It was a very fun camping trip and we enjoyed getting to spend time with our family. Where was Doug you ask??? After hiking with the youth he had to stay home and work...poor guy.
It was a very fun camping trip and we enjoyed getting to spend time with our family. Where was Doug you ask??? After hiking with the youth he had to stay home and work...poor guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Wow -- that looks awesome! What a cool family trip. It's been too long since I've been camping . . .
Next year you have to bring Doug so we can "drag him behind the boat"! Best Family Camp year so far...
Your boys are so cute, I especially like the meadow pic! Looks like you guys had fun
WOW Kristen, hadn't read your blog for awhile. Steve & I really enjoyed seeing your family at Shaver, made us really homesick for Fresno. Tell everyone hello.
Post a Comment