Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ryan Turns Four!

I can hardly believe that my little guy is four. Where did the time go? We had a big race car birthday bash at our house this last weekend(see slide show below). We had a great turn out and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. Doug has a client that owns Acura race cars and so he loaned us one for the party so each of the kids could sit in it and get their picture taken. They decorated race car shaped cakes, made their own license plates, got race car tatoos, and made designs with cars and paint. The highlight for Ryan was the race track Doug created out of duct tape. All of the kids enjoyed pushing their cars around the track and jumping the jumps. I was glad that my parents and sister, Kari, and her family could be there. Ryan always loves being with his cousins.
Mommy made a car cake for his actual birthday.
Ryan had preschool on his birthday, so Mommy made some cupcakes to share with his friends. He was very excited to get to hang the birthday flag at school and get a birthday crown. Mommy even let him stay an hour longer at preschool and have lunch(he has been begging me to do this since September).
That night we went bowling for his birthday and then out to Red Robin for dinner. Ryan was in heaven!!!
After dinner and bowling we came home and opened his presents from Mommy and Daddy. He got a watch for his birthday and so his new favorite thing is to tell us what time it is.
Our big birthday boy. Doug and I are so grateful for Ryan, he has brought us a lot of joy, and just a few headaches. :) We love you Ry Ry!!!

3 comments:

Tommy and Monique Shelby said...

Looks like Ryan's B-day was lots of fun! Sorry we couldn't be there. Wish we could have! Ryan is such a cute kid!!!
p.s. I've gotta get those books back to you!

Jeremy said...

Hey the kids said they had quite the time at Ryan's party! A race car and everything...

Jim and Allison said...

I can't believe he is already 4! He is so smart and such a great kid. I love you Ryan--I'm so glad you had a fun Birthday!