Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Camping at Rock Creek Lake

We decided to do a little camping for the labor day weekend. Rock Creek lake is located between Bishop and Mammoth. Doug went to a scout camp up in this area this summer and felt like it would be perfect. It was a bit of a drive, but it was really beautiful and nice and cool. After getting home yesterday and seeing it was 100 degrees, we were tempted to get in the car and go back. Yikes!
Doug enjoying some fishing. He caught a pretty decent fish and cooked it up. I have tried trout before, when I was young and didn't really care for it, but this was pretty good.
Tyler warming up after playing in the lake.
The whole group...Tom, Monique, Ashley, Joe, Doug, Kristen, and of course Ryan and Tyler too!
Ryan playing with a cute caterpillar that Daddy later made into fish bait.
The family!

Ryan and Monique
Joe and Ash getting ready to do some serious fly fishing!
Tyler taking in a different view of the lake...he does this all the time right now. So funny!
Ryan decided to grab a coal off Tom and Mo's dutch oven...I think you know how that went over. Poor guy!
Tom and Monique cuddling up at the fire.
Tyler trying to stay warm by the campfire.
Ryan and Tyler enjoying the lake in the early hours of the morning.
This picture is just so cute of Tyler I couldn't resist putting it in.
Doug got tired of using a fishing pole and decided he was going to just catch fish with his bare hands. What a manly man...this is why I married him! Grrrr!
Ryan and Daddy snuggling in Daddy's sleeping bag.
Ryan staying out of the rain.

We got in at 1:30 in the morning and had to set up the tent really quickly. The next morning we got up and found a better site and had to take everything down and put it up again in pouring rain. Luckily, the rain only lasted for one day. I don't think I could have taken many more days with two little boys who wanted to run around and get muddy and wet.
Ouch! I ended up shutting the car door on my finger. It was numb for 3 days.

Daddy and Ryan enjoying a little time on the lake. It turned out to be such a fun trip. The boys loved camping!

No comments: